If you are interested in an apprenticeship, please call 412-761-6310
Joint Apprenticeship Traininig Committe – Plasterers’ Local Union #526
1900 Andrew Street
Munhall, PA 15120
Office: (412) 464-2851
Fax: (412) 461-9923
Description of the Plasterers’ Local Union #526 Apprenticeship Program
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be of Legal Working Age
- Must be physically able to perform the manual work of the trade. The Plastering industry demands Heavy Lifting and Strenuous Physical Exertion.
- Prior to final acceptance, a doctor’s certification of examination will be required at the applicant’s expense. A Master Builders Drug Free Card WILL BE REQUIRED before indenture into the Program and must be maintained throughout apprenticeship, at the Joint Apprenticeship Program’s expense.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States, or Legal Alien, and be a resident of one (1) of the following thirty-one (31) counties in Western Pennsylvania, under the jurisdiction of Plasterers’ Local Union #31 of the O.P. & C.M.I.A., for a period of six months prior to indenture; Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntington, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer, McKean, Mifflin, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.
- Applicant must submit a non-refundable processing fee for $25.00 along with a completed application. Money Orders or Certified Checks ONLY.
- Applicant must attend all related (non-paying) training sessions, tests, and interviews.
- Applicant must submit to a Mathematical and Reading Assessment to be administered by the JATC.
- All qualified applicants will be selected by the Plasterers’ J.A.T.C., through job-related questioning, interviewing and final evaluation.
- Applicant must have a HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Applicant must have and maintain a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and own dependable transportation and show proof of said Driver’s License and/or Owner’s Card the entire time they are in the apprenticeship program.
- All applicants must be willing to travel from one job to another regardless of the distance involved.
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION, EMPLOLYMENT, AND TRAINING of apprentices under this program will be made on the basis of qualifications alone without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, or non-job related disabilities. The sponsor shall take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in the apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Regulations of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This program is open to all qualified applicants residing within the Thirty-One (31) County Area of Western Pennsylvania within the jurisdiction of Plasterers’ Local Union #31.
THIS IS A TRAINING OPPORTUNITY AND THE JOINT APPRENTICESHIP COMMITTEE OR IT’S TRUSTEES DO NOT AND CANNOT GUARENTEE FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT. ALL RELATED TRAINING SESSIONS, TESTS, AND INTERVIEWS ARE NON-PAYING.